Our reproduction process emphasizes accuracy to the original painting.
Our reproduction oil painting process is a carefully and professionally monitored multi-step process which allows for multiple checkpoint opportunities to ensure accuracy to the original painting and faithfulness to the original artist.
- We license images of the original painting from the museum where it is located.
- We print these images on professional quality, banner size photo paper to be used for reference.
- We add a series of grids and guides to these images and reprint them once again in the exact size of the original painting for further reference points.
- Our artist measures the posters to accurately sketch the base layer onto your canvas in the same size and proportions of the original work (unless a custom size is requested).
- The imagery is sketched in with finer details.
- Our multi-layer painting process begins adding depth, texture, and recreation of every detail.
- To ensure accuracy and completeness, we track your painting as we work and compare our work to the original painting.
- We commission a custom made stretcher to perfectly support your original size painting.
- We add a light coat of varnish to protect the finish of your painting and allow you to enjoy years of maintenance free ownership.
- Your painting is carefully stretched and mounted.
- We ship your painting in a custom made wooden crate built specifically to protect the dimensions of your individual painting.
- Your painting will arrive ready for framing at your local frame shop.
Our reproduction oil painting process creates accurate masterpieces.